Vehicle Hire

Section 19 permit

Using a vehicle for hire or reward without either a valid PSV operator’s licence or permit can result in prosecution and vehicles can be impounded. Organisations (such as T4T) that provide transport on a ‘not-for-profit’ basis can apply for permits under Section 19 of the Transport Act 1985. These permits allow T4T to operate transport services for hire or reward without the need for a full public service vehicle (PSV) operator’s licence. As a Section 19 permit holder T4T has a responsibility to make sure that the services provided are operated within the law, with vehicles properly maintained and using drivers with the appropriate qualifications. Hire of any of the T4T vehicles must be made under a Section 19 travel permit. This means that the mini-bus cannot be hired by commercial organisations or used for the transportation of the general public. For example, a registered charity would be eligible to hire a vehicle under a Section 19 travel permit. Groups concerned with education (eg schools), religion, and social welfare would also be eligible, providing the group’s primary purpose is the provision of services for their members or the local community, and not to make a profit. Further information on Section 19 travel permits can be accessed through DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency).

*Please ensure you have read and understood the above section before completing the following form*

I have read the Section 19 Permit details.*

Vehicle Hire Enquiry Form

Please use this form for your initial enquiry concerning a vehicle hire.

* Indicates required fields

Name of Organisation?*
Preferred Method of Contact?*
When is the best time to contact you?*
Hire Date*
Hire Time(s):*
Number of Passengers *
Type the characters you see here: - (01847) 611766